Monday, March 17, 2008

Yipes!

I just discovered another bug that I had no idea existed. It only existed for lower resolution screens, but nonetheless I am flabbergasted and ashamed for not catching it earlier. Basically, the HTML text I put on the front page of the website was displaying on top of the Flash menu instead of below it in lower resolutions. I apologize to anyone who may have been impeded by this bug. I've converted all text to Flash so now it should display properly (but if it doesn't for you - PLEASE contact me so I can fix it!). The reason I had the text in HTML in the first place was for search engine indexing reasons. Now I've found a new way to get search engines like Google to index text without displaying it.

Optimizing websites for different screen resolutions, connection speeds, browsers, and settings is incredibly difficult. I was feeling really bad for missing this problem for such a long time, but something made me feel a bit better - one of the websites that discusses how to deal with different screen resolutions was itself buggy and ill-displayed in the common 1024x768 resolution!



...just shows how difficult the different standards can be.

If you find any more problems in the Cupcake Kawaii website, please let me know through this blog or by the email listed on the About page. Sometimes it is impossible for me to know if there is a certain compatibility problem with one browser, OS, or screen because I do not have access to it, so your help is absolutely essential! I want to make this site fun for everyone, so pretty please *big puppy eyes* help me out!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

© 2007 Cupcake Kawaii. All Rights Reserved. Officially registered copyright. Redistribution expressly prohibited.